Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Snake

So Thursday morning, the 3 older kids are outside playing and I am sitting on the couch feeding DJ. I am watching them run back and forth like always.... soon they migrate off to the left where I can't see them. I don't worry, they are probably on the neighbor's swings. Suddenly, there are on the deck with a SNAKE in the butterfly net. They are so excited. After my first wave of panic subsides, I rush to get the camera!



For those of you that know me well, I am NOT a snake person. I can do ANYTHING but snakes. Grace, apparently, does not have the same fear since she was the one who picked up the snake. She was so thrilled it wasn't trying to bite her.



Well, I guess, I dying snake doesn't have the energy to bite and try to get away. While going after the snake they was "stabbing" it with sticks and plastic bats. Grace did not want to let it go. I had to convince her it was dead and FINALLY she put it in the tall grass. Last night, after she and Daddy left for the camp, I threw it in the woods (I used a stick to move it of course!). I didn't want her finding and playing with the gross dead snake!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment