Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rachel's Birthday Surprise

Last week was my sister's birthday. I don't know about you, but I am always looking for a FUN gift to give. These days it is harder to come up with that special thing!

A few months ago when helping us pack to move, Rachel saw a Build-A-Bear someone had given me. She made the comment that she'd NEVER made a Build-A-Bear. So, I filed that information in my head to use at a later date.

As her birthday approached, I remembered the Build-A-Bear comment, so after dinner and cupcakes last Sunday, Rachel (Auntie), Grace and I went to the Mall.














Grace LOVES that Mall b/c there is a carousel that Daddy brings her to on rainy days. So after a few "spins" on the carousel, we took off for Build-A-Bear.







Grace didn't know what to expect since she'd not been there in over 2 years and didn't remember. I'd try to prepare her for the fact that JUST Auntie was getting something, but when she saw the pony the crying started. I stood my ground through many tears and screams, but JUST Auntie got to pick. In the end Rachel chose, Spots, her leopard.






No comments:

Post a Comment